Sunday, August 1, 2010

Monthly Budget!


There was a time when Jason and I would sit down together to write out a monthly budget. Then life got busy with babies, work, etc and the computer got handier so over time I just began putting out budget on the computer and verbally telling Jason our budget for the month.

After reading the book I have seen the errors of my ways. One complaint Jason has always had is that he isn't good with money but that he'd like to learn...my way of teaching him was to do it myself and tell him that is what needed to be done. Obviously I knew he wasn't really learning anything at all but it was taken care of so what did that matter, right?! Okay like I said I know I was wrong.

So starting today Jason and I will sit down TOGETHER and hand write a monthly budget. Not just any monthly budget because unlike our budgets in the past we will be TELLING our money where to go instead of letting our money CHOOSE where to go. There will also be no money left at the end of the budget...meaning every dollar will have it's place in the budget to be spent the way we are telling it to. *If something comes up and we need to adjust the budget then we will call an emergency budget meeting to allocate money from one area of the budget to the problem area.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment